PDA

View Full Version : Wet Line/Dry Line definition

Noseguard76
05-16-2013, 07:23 PM
please pardon my ignorance, have been reading some posts and was wondering what a "wet line" versus a "dry Line"

thanks

Noseguard

brookledge
05-16-2013, 09:47 PM
It is when you use two mainlines parrallel to each other the dry line above the wet line. Then as the incoming sap hits the manifolds the gasses that come out of the tree or if you have a leak rise to the top dry line and the sap drops to the bottom wet line. When you have sap and air going through the same mainline it causes turbulances and actually reduces the vacuum transfer into the woods. The sap coming into the releaser from the wet line is a steady flow of sap and the dry line comes into the releaser is just air
Keith

maple flats
05-17-2013, 05:02 AM
and the sap coming is is generally colder.

whalems
05-17-2013, 06:34 AM
are there any rules of thumb about number of taps on this system? say I run a 1" wet and 1" dry line how many taps ?

spud
05-17-2013, 02:24 PM
are there any rules of thumb about number of taps on this system? say I run a 1" wet and 1" dry line how many taps ?

It depends on the distance also. If you were going out 1000 feet with the wet/dry system using one inch pipe then 500 taps would be max. I am only speaking for myself and I know some would go higher and some would go lower. If it was me doing this I would only go 300-350 taps.

Spud