PDA

View Full Version : wet dry system?

whalems
05-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Anyone in northern Michigan running this set up? I am improving my vac system and am strongly considering going to this system but not clear on all the ins and outs of it. I do much better with a hands on/ eyes on approach as opposed to reading about it. If anyone is willing to let me walk there bush and take a look I would appreciate it. Thanks, Mike

Mark
05-16-2013, 05:48 PM
I am also in northern Michigan and have a wet dry system you could look at.

whalems
05-16-2013, 05:58 PM
I am also in northern Michigan and have a wet dry system you could look at.
thank you! I am in the northern lower but will be traveling to Wisconsin sometime in August to pick up some new pans. so will contact you when it gets closer to try and arrange a visit.

Four D Acre Farms
10-14-2013, 04:19 PM
Hey mike did you get a look at a wet dry system? i know of a couple systems in northern lower and may be able to put u in touch with some,

whalems
10-14-2013, 09:02 PM
Hey mike did you get a look at a wet dry system? i know of a couple systems in northern lower and may be able to put u in touch with some,
No I ran out of time to make contact with Mark. I would be interested in seeing a set-up. Thanks!

Four D Acre Farms
10-15-2013, 06:55 AM
Mike looking at where honor is on mapquest, you may want to get a hold of Ron Kistler @ Kistlecrest Farms just south of Ludington, I know he has a conductor system in on woods. Call him would be recommended as he is a apple farmer as well and is very busy this time of year. I am sure there are other producers in your neiborhood that are using conductor lines ( wet dry ). I believe Tim Boonstra is using some as well, he and his wifes place is over by commins/fairview. Otherwise you can make a call to sara @ thunderbay maple supply in posen she knows these systems well and knows more producers in your area that may be using this system. I was hoping to go to one this year but the ro comes first.

spud
10-15-2013, 07:28 AM
Anyone in northern Michigan running this set up? I am improving my vac system and am strongly considering going to this system but not clear on all the ins and outs of it. I do much better with a hands on/ eyes on approach as opposed to reading about it. If anyone is willing to let me walk there bush and take a look I would appreciate it. Thanks, Mike

Mike,

I am not sure of the lay of your land but a booster tank might be just what you need. What is the longest mainline you will have? If you can find one central location in your woods that all your mainlines could come to before going to the sugar house that would be great. I run 1 1/2 wet/dry system to 6 different booster tanks in my woods and then each booster has six mainlines going to the woods. I see you have 800 taps total. If all your mainlines (1 inch) coming out of your releaser are less then 1000 feet you do not need a wet/dry system. If a couple of your mainlines need to be 1200-1500 feet then just run 1 1/4 mainline out of your releaser.

Spud