PDA

View Full Version : Boiling bubbles

Uncle Tucker
05-09-2013, 05:19 PM
For the last two or three seasons now I have noticed that the foam/bubbles in the front pan constantly changes. I don't mean when I fire or when I am low on wood, but the pan will foam/bubble up in different parts of a section or the whole sectional all the way to the top of the pan and almost going over the divider. It usually happens in the last 3 sections of the syrup pan. It will bubble up to the top of the pan and stay thar hight for a half an hour to fourth five minutes or so. Then the bubbles will go back to the normal hight and a different spot will bubble up. Defoamer only knocks it down for a 10 to 15 seconds. I don't think it has an effect on gradient because I draw the same size batches at the same intervals when this happens. This will stop for half an hour and it will start again. Now I fire constantly the whole night with the same sap, the same wood, and the fire stays the same temp as far as I can tell. I am only making syrup in the last half of the last compartment. Dose anyone know why this happens?