PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Air Over Fire System

treehugger
04-30-2013, 08:25 PM
Has anyone here made an air over fire system? If so what and how is it done? Also will it interfere with an AUF set up? And lastly, can you "Jerry Rig" an air tight front if you have a classic arch front? Thanks for any input.

Waynehere
04-30-2013, 09:02 PM
You can check out my link to adding AOF to my existing AUF. I went from 12 GPH to about 35. You won't regret it...

maple flats
05-01-2013, 05:10 AM
I also have a link on building AOF. I used a design I got thru Vermont Maple Research. I do not have an air tight door, but I have AOF and AUF from the same high pressure blower using 3" ball valves to balance the ratio to each. I have not re adjusted those valves since I got it right in the second year I used it. The first year I was happy but never quit fiddling with those valve positions. If you can weld (or in my case, have a buddy who welds) it is easy to build.

treehugger
05-01-2013, 05:23 AM
I also have a link on building AOF. I used a design I got thru Vermont Maple Research. I do not have an air tight door, but I have AOF and AUF from the same high pressure blower using 3" ball valves to balance the ratio to each. I have not re adjusted those valves since I got it right in the second year I used it. The first year I was happy but never quit fiddling with those valve positions. If you can weld (or in my case, have a buddy who welds) it is easy to build.

What kind of increase in evaporation rates did you see with the addition of aof?

maple flats
09-22-2013, 06:02 PM
I raised my rate from 55 to 65 GPH on my old pans, (7" raised flue), my new pans get 80-85 GPH (10" raised flue), both are 3x8 evaporators.