PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning pans

tonka
04-28-2013, 09:22 PM
Here is a tip I just learned tonight while cleaning one of my pans. Get some CLR and pour some in while scrubbing with a brush from the nitre line down, let soak for a short while and finally get a clean wire wheel on a drill and go to town, it will clean your pans up like they where before the very first boil. Make sure to wash out the pan very well to get all if any residue from the CLR out of the pan, took me about 20 min. to do my one 2x6 flat bottom pan.

nymapleguy607
04-29-2013, 06:31 AM
I'm not sure what type of acid is in CLR, but you should do a rinse with baking soda to neutralize the acid. Depending on the age and grade of stainless of your pans it might eat holes in it.

Maplesapper
04-30-2013, 08:32 PM
Cleaning quick.
I place a ball of stainless steel wool on the bottom of the pan.
Put a foam buff wheel in your drill and press down against the SS wool.
The foam pads stops the SS from flying away, and the nitre just flys off !!!!

No acid, no fuss, what's better than using stainless steel against stainless steel

red maples
05-01-2013, 03:14 PM
I don't like the scrubbing part. just more scratches for niter to stick in. I just use a vinegar solution, heat, scrub and let it sit, repeat several times.... rinse completely and thats it. I use a plastic sponge and a small brush for the corners and hard to reach places. the niter line will always be there but everything else is nice and shiny. no harsh chemicals. no heavy scrubbing.

Middleton Maples
05-01-2013, 07:09 PM
If it doesn't come off with a micro fiber cloth with a bit of rubbing or the power washer then it must soak with permeate longer. I will never scrub with any kind of wool. I plan on keeping my pans scratch free.