PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for suggestions, this is what I am trying today

Cindee
04-24-2013, 09:39 AM
Thanks all for your great suggestions, this gives me something to think about and tweak next year. Because time is running out and the trees are running like bulls I am trying the steaming of the filters. I have my biggest canning pot on the stove, starting at the bottom of the stack I have my orlon filter and then 5 prefilters and letting the steam run through all that with a cover over the center. I will try pulling the pre-filters as they clog and continue on. I also will cover the pan as it drains and wrap a towel around the outside of the pot. I have nothing to lose but patience....LOL...if this works I am going to repeat this for the 16 pints I have to re-open and redo. Next question. When I do the 16 pints I am suppose to heat back up to 180 or so, drain, and then reheat back to 185-195 for bottling is this correct? Reheating so many times won't hurt it will it...

Slow going but at least still going changed 5 pre-filters and have spares steaming. It has been 15 mins.

red maples
04-24-2013, 08:37 PM
you migth want to try putting through just pre filters before it goes into your finishing pot. just a thought.