PDA

View Full Version : valves and hose questions

tbear
04-18-2013, 01:20 PM
I just received my new plastic 65 gal. horizontal tank from Tractor Supply. I'm wondering how to set it up with a hose and valve. On the tank it says that ridged pipe or valves shouldn't be connected directly to the tank so I'm picturing a flexible hose of some kind connecting to the tank with a valve on the end. Any thoughts? What kind of valve? What kind of "flexible" hose? How have you set yours up? My intention is to have the tank in the back of the truck when I collect sap, then, filling buckets of sap from the tank (still on the truck) to add to the evaperator. Any help would be appreciated. Ted

wiam
04-18-2013, 02:21 PM
I have plastic valves screwed into the fitting on the tank on 2 plastic tanks. That is how most around here do it. If it is not a heavy valve it should be fine. I hitch 1100 gallon to the tractor winch by the valve to drag it 1/4 mile to the house to wash it. But I am not good with "rules". Lol

Dave Y
04-18-2013, 05:19 PM
We use plastic ball valves with quick disconnects.

tbear
04-19-2013, 07:10 PM
Got it all set up! Short nipple, ball valve, male threaded hose adapter, 4 ft. of hose, and a plug to keep mice out! All water grade plastic. I can't hardly wait till next year! Thanks, Ted