PDA

View Full Version : Maple Fest Perth ontario

Asthepotthickens
04-11-2013, 09:02 PM
If you can come join us April 27th at Maplefest in Perth Ontario always a superb day.

ennismaple
04-12-2013, 03:07 PM
We'll have our booth set up in front of the Bank of Montreal - same spot every year! We're one of 2 producers who have never missed the Festival - except 1998 because we didn't make any syrup due to the ice storm.

Galena
04-12-2013, 03:42 PM
Aw pooh, I'll be on the other side of the country during that time. Dang. And ennismaple thanks, you basically just answered a question I was going to ask - what was 1998 like in terms of sugaring? I can only imagine how hectic things must have been.

Asthepotthickens
04-22-2013, 11:39 AM
We will be at booth 152 Market Square www.gardenscene.ca

Asthepotthickens
05-02-2013, 11:33 AM
What a great day at Maple Fest last Saturday
even with bad weather in the morning we over sold our expectations
Thank You

ennismaple
05-02-2013, 01:00 PM
I didn't get down to the new Market Square area because I was too busy talking to all the other producers while we waited for the crowds to show up! The afternoon was good.

Our sales were down this year - partly because of the weather and partly because there were 17 maple producers there and the sales get spread thinner. We've been there some years when there are only 8 of us.

We were happy with our contest entries which included 1st for light syrup (2 years running), 2nd for granulated sugar and 3rd for maple butter. If our medium entry hadn't been disqualified for not being dark enough we might have had a chance at reserve champion. The way the syrup entries are judged it's like a game of chicken - whomever can get the closest to the line that separates two colour classes without going over gets full points for colour, with 2nd lightest getting 29 points, 3rd is 28, etc... Kinda silly but those are the rules.