PDA

View Full Version : tubing installed wrong

rayi
04-11-2013, 08:20 AM
I installed tubing for 2013. At each tree I put in one tee. If I needed more than one tap I y ed in 1 or 2 more lines. Not sure this is correct. Seen several you tube things and they had a tee for every tap. Is there any advantage to having a tee for every tap or should I leave it the way it is

unc23win
04-11-2013, 08:46 AM
There are many ways of doing it. A lot of people use Ts with a cup on them at the bottom of their drop line so at the end of the season you when you untap you hook the Spout into the T-Cup. Those who are using seasonal spouts use the 3 stage T and then hook the line to it. You can add however you want Ys will work. Myself I use the Ts with a cup and then hook the spouts into the cup when I untap it is also easier to intall Ts with a 2 handed tool than it is to install Ys.

PerryW
04-11-2013, 11:30 AM
I installed tubing for 2013. At each tree I put in one tee. If I needed more than one tap I y ed in 1 or 2 more lines. Not sure this is correct. Seen several you tube things and they had a tee for every tap. Is there any advantage to having a tee for every tap or should I leave it the way it is

I think it will work equally well either way, but using a tee for each tap just seems to keep the tubing neater looking. Plus, some of the Y fittings don't have a means to plug your spout at the end of the season.

maple flats
04-11-2013, 11:49 AM
It is easier to have just a tee and drop each coming off the lateral. That way you can make them up ahead while sitting at the table or watching TV. I make mine 32", T on one end and I used to put a stubby on the other, for a CV1, now I'll just have the tee, and plug the other end onto the tee post. Then when tapping I'll add a CV2. I make them in bundles of 25 (bundled with 2" wide stretch wrap) just to keep better count.

rayi
04-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the answers I think I'm going to change to one tee one tap just because of the tees have a place for the spouts