PDA

View Full Version : Thanks MapleTraders for your ideas this season!

Zamkev
04-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Hello all.

Now that the buckets are clean, I wanted to send out a quick note of thanks to everyone for sharing ideas and helping small hobby producers like myself.

I made several improvements in my set-up this year - mostly around my sap handling and storage and most of which were based on information that I learned here.

- 2 X 65 gallon food grade barrels with bakery buckets and covers inserted for cleaning - used for head tank sap storage
- 3 X 55 gallon food grade barrels used for sap storage buried in snow - used for sap storage
- a 45 gallon food storage bin with a circle cut out of the cover and a bakery bucket inserted with a sap filter
- a small 12 Volt pump to pump sap to my head tanks
- a solar cell to keep charge to a 12 V battery - for the pump and 12V LED lights

Here are a few pics of the above....

Thanks all!

Trout Brook Maple
04-10-2013, 05:31 PM
So true. I've learned so much here, and made changes thanks to the folks. You all are a great resource!

Sunday Rock Maple
04-13-2013, 06:36 AM
Very well said, this site leap frogs folks up the learning curve. One example for me was a concept Ennis passed along (that he also got from here -- I just can't remember from who) on running the RO at about equal concentrate and permeate flows and dumping it back in to recirculate when you are caught up with the evaporator instead of shutting down and waiting. I've ran an RO for years and never thought of it -- it works great!. Many, many thanks guys!