PDA

View Full Version : Bonehead Move

PerryW
04-09-2013, 09:21 PM
So I was boiling last saturday night with my friend Jack Daniels. I finished up, washed the filters, shut off the lights and began the 300' walk up the driveway to the house in the pitch black. About half way up the driveway I ran smack into my sap truck which I had left in place connected to the feed hose to the sugarhouse. I ran my right thigh into the back bumper at full speed and it pretty much knocked the wind out of me. No permanent damage, but I've been sugaring for the past 5 days with quite a limp. Still pretty hard to bend my right leg more then half way.

Flat Lander Sugaring
04-10-2013, 06:48 PM
been there done different, few years ago I broke my nose had to go to hospital, wasted of my but. B.I.L had to shut down arch while ambulance drove down the road with me in it. Do you know your blood is much thinner while drinking. They had very little simpathy for me there. Doc said I did a good job putting it back in place.

Asthepotthickens
04-10-2013, 08:35 PM
So I was boiling last saturday night with my friend Jack Daniels. I finished up, washed the filters, shut off the lights and began the 300' walk up the driveway to the house in the pitch black. About half way up the driveway I ran smack into my sap truck which I had left in place connected to the feed hose to the sugarhouse. I ran my right thigh into the back bumper at full speed and it pretty much knocked the wind out of me. No permanent damage, but I've been sugaring for the past 5 days with quite a limp. Still pretty hard to bend my right leg more then half way.

LOL a few weeks ago I had my brother and good friend over to help. We decided that Tequila would be a nice treat, bad
idea. By nights end we could not even find the lights on the ATVs and in the morning we found about a gallon of syrup split just about everywhere.

SeanD
04-10-2013, 09:00 PM
I'm good for gunning my shin into the ball hitch on my little tractor at full speed at least once a season and that's being sober. Those are the times I wish I had some liquid "medication" in the system to numb the effects.

Sean

PerryW
04-10-2013, 09:07 PM
I'm good for gunning my shin into the ball hitch on my little tractor at full speed at least once a season and that's being sober. Those are the times I wish I had some liquid "medication" in the system to numb the effects.

Sean

Funny, when I tell my story to most people they all tell me about their encounters with trailer hitches. Usually it seems to occurs when sneaking around the back of the pickup to relieve oneself.

Big_Eddy
04-11-2013, 07:50 AM
Just be glad you weren't carrying a full pot of syrup up to the house for finishing.

sg5054
04-11-2013, 09:08 AM
A few weeks ago I was hand splitting some pine and I hit a little of center. A good size ricocheted back and hit me in the left shin. Pretty good dent, blood and a an impressive bruise. Almost healed at this point. My son was standing right there. Really hard to contain ones language while dancing around holding my leg. Pulled my pant leg up to inspect my work and he said "oooooo, gee dad, does that hurt?.