PDA

View Full Version : Air-Tight Front for Woodfired

treehugger
04-09-2013, 04:42 PM
Has anyone out there had the experience of upgrading from a traditional arch front to an Air-tight arch? Was wondering what increases in evaporation (if any) can be seen from this. Other than the obvious advantages of less smoke and ash in the sugar house.

nymapleguy607
04-10-2013, 03:59 AM
They just seem to let you run your blower harder without a lot of ash blowing out. I dont think any of the airtight fronts have air through them.

ennismaple
04-10-2013, 03:31 PM
They just seem to let you run your blower harder without a lot of ash blowing out. I dont think any of the airtight fronts have air through them.

Our Force 5 pushes air through the front door. It comes out through a hole in the top of the front of the arch, through the door and out a slot in the bottom of the door to force air into the bottom of the fire. It keeps the door cool enough you can put your hand on it. You can't keep your hand there but you don't have to worry about melting clothes if you brush against it.

Jeff E
04-10-2013, 04:05 PM
I considered it, but instead added high velocity over-air, to augment the natural draft. It works very well, and have no ash blowing out of the arch. I dont even shut down the blower when firing. Cheap (as I had a blower already in place for my steam pan) and effective.