PDA

View Full Version : How far apart

DanE.
04-09-2013, 01:41 PM
HI all,

I plan on extending my main line from the woods across an open field to the sugar house, about 700 feet. I plan on using high tensile wire to lash the tubing (1") to. I may go vacuum and have a dry line too. how far apart would you space the posts/poles to eliminate the sags in the line?

Thanks,

Dane.

sugarman3
04-09-2013, 07:33 PM
i run about 600 ft and used high tensile,spaced post 25 ft,worked good

unc23win
04-10-2013, 06:57 AM
I agree 25 feet apart should be good. That is about how far I put fence posts. You could always go back and put a few more in that wouldn't have to be quite as heavy of a post. I like to put the a ratchet and a spring on each end for sap lines seems to make it easier to adjust in the woods at least because you can't always see one end from the other. For fence I always put the ratchet and spring in the middle as it pulls equally in both directions in a field that might work well for you.

PerryW
04-10-2013, 08:04 AM
The required post spacing is highly dependent on the pitch of your pipeline.

DanE.
04-10-2013, 12:15 PM
PerryW, good thought. It is about 2% if i do not add a lift of any kind. that will bring the pipe to the sugar house at eye level. Dane.

vtmapleman
04-10-2013, 05:05 PM
As PerryW indicated the slope is key...just keep in mine that if the pipe bows from post to post is more that the diameter of the pipe you will have a frozen line. I have my lines as tight as I can get them even then I got sap coming down my dry line. I decided to run a string from post to post and to my surprise the bow was more the pipe diameter of the pipe. I ended up putting post ever eight feet.