PDA

View Full Version : Leaking saddles

Bruce L
04-08-2013, 10:07 PM
We got one bush washed up today,found 4 saddles spraying out chlorine solution badly.I had the channel locks in my pocket,when I squeezed the clamps more,they quit leaking,but once released they were back to spraying again.I find the ratchets? on the straps are not far enough to completely tighten.Should I change the saddle to see if the hole is poorly drilled,or rubber gasket not in properly,or secure with a pair of hose clamps?These are the new Lapierre saddles with 31/64" holes into the mainline

maple flats
04-09-2013, 06:16 AM
As long as they quit when squeezed, try squeezing and then using a double wire wire twisted around the bottom to hold it in position.

802maple
04-09-2013, 06:53 AM
When I install saddles, (even though I don't have too) I take a wire tie and go up over top of the whole fitting and twist tie it in tight. and it will solve all future leaks. Something has to break it for it to leak beyond that time.

KING MAPLE
04-12-2013, 08:00 AM
Saddles are designed for vacume not pressure. If you are forceing water solulion back up the tubeing it will try to push out the seal and leak.
With vac it will pull it.

Bruce L
04-12-2013, 09:13 AM
I have flagged the saddles for next year,so if there is leaking there with the vacuum,i will try that Flex Seal stuff that is supposed to be so great.

adk1
04-12-2013, 09:24 AM
I had the same thing happen. walked my mainline last week and found 3 saddles had been leaking sap for awhile..Pissed me off. a large pile of ice under them..****it