PDA

View Full Version : I'm Still Alive

DonMcJr
04-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Home with a cast on my whole arm an its still numb....but feeling good!

Run Forest Run!
04-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Excellent news. Now stay away from your sugaring equipment. ;)

rayi
04-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Too soon to post new pictures

bowhunter
04-08-2013, 03:22 PM
That's good news. Pretty amazing what they can do in a couple of hours and then send you home. Stay diligent on the rehab when you get healed up and you'll be back before you know it.

Shawn
04-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Good to hear your home, now rest and mend. :cool:

Run Forest Run!
04-08-2013, 10:24 PM
I'm still alive, sounds like a Bee-gees song from the eighties. Can you still dance?

Sorry in advance to everyone, but I can't help myself. If you don't know the original song this will make even less sense.

Don's Dance

Well, you can tell by the way I set my tap,
I'm a sappin' man, no time to talk.
Music loud and sap is warm, I've been waitin' to boil
Since I was born.
And now it's all right, it's ok.
I've videoed every way,
So you can try to understand
The maple syrup's effect on man.

Whether you're his brother or whether you're his mother,
Don's stayin' alive to tap a tree,
Feel the city nappin' while forest folk are tappin',
Don's stayin' alive to tap a tree,
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin alive', tappin' a tree.
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive.

DonMcJr
04-08-2013, 10:24 PM
I must have been a riot for the nurses... I guess before surgery after they drugged me up I was telling my wife they all were touching my penis...lol I don't remember any of it. I guess a lady in the next room or curtain area was laughing and I asked her if she wanted to touch it too, lol and her drugged up husband laughed like crazy.

Fun day at the surgery center thanks to me...lol!

Run Forest Run!
04-08-2013, 10:43 PM
Yes the dancing is cool, uhm ... do you think those are maples in the background? I wonder if anyone is currently tapping those, they'd take two buckets each no problem! Sorry it's easy to be distracted at this time of year. :lol:

DonMcJr
04-10-2013, 07:37 AM
Well the pain isn't too bad at all either he fixed the right stuff or messed up the nerves bad, lol!

I can feel all my fingers and arm and can move all fingers too... Doc apt in a few to check stitches and get a new cast!

Burnt sap
04-10-2013, 11:49 AM
Don must have been so busy in the sugar house did not hear what happened an accident? Last I knew you made batch # 7.

Cake O' Maple
04-10-2013, 02:00 PM
It looks like it's coming along real well!!! Not much swelling, no redness around the incisions,,,how long til you start therapy?

DonMcJr
04-10-2013, 04:17 PM
All I can do for the next 2 weeks is keep the sling off if I want (still in a cast) and move my fingers and thumb no lifting. Then a cast for another 2 weeks Then finally Therapy....so 4 weeks til Therapy!

Diesel Pro
04-10-2013, 04:28 PM
Well I had a nice nap.. whole arm still numb from the nerve block so no pain yet still. Last I remember before the surgery was the Anesthesiologist telling me his middle name was Christian and his Uncle was Thor and the old nurse said Are you ready to start your Breast Augmentation? She thought she was funny and she was Canadian cause she said something about customs and coming over the bridge this morning...then I woke up and they were just getting ready to wheel my bed back to my room.

Stopped by to see my mom and dad and then home by 2pm!

I remember the nurse putting the pre injection in the IV for the pain and I remember being wheeled out headed to the OR and that's it until I woke up.

Mine was a Lipoma removal and never took a pain pill the whole time. Found out why later. No feeling in the entire area under arm. Cut nerve.

Worst part of the whole thing was the adhesive from the tape. Makes me break out...

MapleLady
04-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Home with a cast on my whole arm an its still numb....but feeling good!

Glad all went well! Here's to a speedy recovery!

Burnt sap
04-11-2013, 07:34 AM
Ok cool, for a moment there I thought batch 8 was so large you broke your arm trying to bottle all the liquid gold!:lol: Anyway best of luck to ya.