PDA

View Full Version : "I Finally Started" update.

Brad W Wi
08-16-2006, 12:39 PM
Well we got all the soffits and facia on. We went with aluminum on the facia. We got it painted. Boy that t-111 really soaks up the paint. We primed it first with a oil base primer. It came in a 5 gal can and I asked if they could die it red? Well there was only so much room in the can to add die and it came out pink. I mean the color of Pepto Bismal. We got a picture of it and will publish it when we are done. Anyway we got the red on, 2 coats and should of put a 3rd on, but that can wait till next year. We put the windows and doors on. 2 service doors and a single garage door, 4 windows.Can't go up this coming weekend so I've got alot of the trims boards and am going to prime and paint them a white colorand take them up with me. Both the red and white are gloss oil base paints, it really looks good. With putting the trim boards on the out side will be done and the next project will be getting the storage tanks set up. I have a 250 gallon bulk tank and am going to mount a 100 gal bulk tank over it so the base is at a 8 foot level. I have a pump to pump sap up to the 100 tank and will have a float switch to turn the pump on automaticly when the level drops in the 100 tank. That way I'll gravity feed my evaporator. I also have another 150 gal tank for sap storage, and will have to figure out how to plumb it into my setup. I hope to get the evaporator sometime in mid to late Sept. and get it all set up. I hope the hood is with it, there might be a delay on it. I also have the 16x16 foot room up front that I have to finish and I hope to get that done between trapping season and grouse and deer gun hunting. I sometimes feel overwhelmed with it all but I got to get it done now. I also forgot I've got to wire it over the Labor day weekend. Well thats about it for now as usual if anyone is interested I'll keep you all posted. And if anyone has any suggestions let me know I always figure that there's alot of people out there smarter than I am and with alot more knowledge than I will ever have.

Parker
08-16-2006, 08:48 PM
Definantly interested in th updates,,,being a maple junkie and all.....

Sugarmaker
08-16-2006, 09:00 PM
Brad,
Pink Sugar house??? Or is it red? Guess we won't know till the pictures come out?
Sounds like you are moving right along. Thanks for the update. Keep those Allis-Chalmers shined up.
Chris

Brad W Wi
08-17-2006, 04:56 AM
Chris and Parker thanks for the interest. Chris if it wouldn't be to much trouble I'd like to talk to you sometime in the future as to your bee keeping. I'm thinking that might be my next step. I've wanted to learn more about it and possibly raise some of my own. I don't know anyone that is a bee keeper to talk to about it. I'm retiring at the end of the year and plan on doing some of the things I've wanted to do but never had the time. Also the primer was pink the building is now red. In the next week or so I'll have pictures of it posted.

royalmaple
08-17-2006, 08:27 PM
Brad-

Can't wait to see your creation. Should be nice. I am envious, mine won't start for a couple more weeks.