PDA

View Full Version : Last Boil Started and free extra sap...

DonMcJr
04-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Last Boil Started and free extra sap...

Just started my last boil of my season. Im gonna boil til I run out of wood. I currently have 100 + gallons and I didnt empty the 21 buckets I have left in my woods. So im probally gonna have sap left and no time to boil because I have to pull my taps and tube by Sunday cause of my arm surgery Monday.

Theres one person close to me I pm'd if he doesnt want it all you got to do is come get it before I dump it Saturday night.

Ill post whats left when im done in the morning.

Run Forest Run!
04-04-2013, 08:44 PM
Don, when you booked your surgery I'm guessing you never imagined the sugaring season would start late and continue into April. It's really a shame to think you'll have to leave sap behind. That must be harder to take than the surgery!

Good luck tonight with your batch.

TreeTapper2
04-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Working on my next to last boil tonight. Will have 60+ for another day to do. Thankfully it has plenty of ice in it.
I pulled all my taps tonight. Today was 60ish, no more freezing nights, and my silver maples are budding out.
So bittersweet but time to move on.

DonMcJr
04-04-2013, 09:01 PM
I actually try to plan the surgery so surgaring would be over! Now I have my trees flowing like made and its still clear!

DonMcJr
04-05-2013, 10:36 PM
**** I have 20-30 gallons of Sap from my gravity tube line and 21- 5 gallon buckets in the woods that are probally all full...So that's 135 gallons of sap I am going to dump Saturday Afternoon if nobody wants it******

I have 2-3 gallons to finish in the Fridge and have to boil all my sweet out of my Evap Pan and that's all I can do before this surgery...

DonMcJr
04-05-2013, 10:36 PM
**** I have 20-30 gallons of Sap from my gravity tube line and 21- 5 gallon buckets in the woods that are probally all full...So that's 135 gallons of sap I am going to dump Saturday Afternoon if nobody wants it******

I have 2-3 gallons to finish in the Fridge and have to boil all my sweet out of my Evap Pan and that's all I can do before this surgery...

Cake O' Maple
04-06-2013, 12:07 AM
Don, you need to buy a biiiiig freezer, and save it! :D

Only half joking...