PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Was a Good Year

Spartazoo
04-01-2013, 10:50 AM
I got sick towards the end so I did not hit my 10 gallon goal. I finished somewhere between 8-9 gallons, Not sure how much was eaten/given away during the season.

mantispid
04-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Was my first year, but seemed to nearly overwhelm me with sap production. I'm still backlogged a bit and will be burning the midnight oil to stay ahead of it all. Still, it spurred me on to take a welding class, and I'll be making my own fuel oil tank evaporator for next season! So long temporary cinder block evaporator. You served your purpose well.

Run Forest Run!
04-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Spartazoo that is one staggering stash. There are so many bottles on that table that they just fade off into the distance. By the way, I love the shape of your bottles. From what I can see, the label looks very impressive.

Glad you had a great year, even if you didn't quite stay 100% healthy through it all. I'm surprised we all don't end up catching major sicknesses after burning the candle at both ends for weeks at a time when the sap is running.

bakerrunner
04-01-2013, 05:32 PM
Was my first year, but seemed to nearly overwhelm me with sap production. I'm still backlogged a bit and will be burning the midnight oil to stay ahead of it all. Still, it spurred me on to take a welding class, and I'll be making my own fuel oil tank evaporator for next season! So long temporary cinder block evaporator. You served your purpose well.

I couldn't agree more with everything you wrote. I'm planning a permanent arch and a sugar shack. I will keep you posted on the progress of both. You do the same. See you next season.

DonMcJr
04-01-2013, 05:34 PM
Good Job! I have 9 less taps and I'm at a liitle over 7 Gallons, have Batch 7 in the fridge to finish, 5-6 gallons of sweet in the evap and 75 gallons in the sap tank! Then waiting to see if it's still good after this freeze. BUT I have to Pull taps Saturday to get ready unwillingly for my Arm Surgery...:-|

aseiser
04-01-2013, 08:43 PM
I got sick towards the end so I did not hit my 10 gallon goal. I finished somewhere between 8-9 gallons, Not sure how much was eaten/given away during the season.

Where did you get your glass bottles, they are cool?

dadtkm
04-02-2013, 08:19 PM
Good to here you had a good season. I to had a good season , hated to pull the taps but enough is enough. Put 7.5 gallons up looks like my friends will be happy this year, hope to get a firm grip on the new evaporator next year. Good luck to all .