PDA

View Full Version : Easy Off Just Not Working

concord maple
03-30-2013, 11:58 AM
Struggled yesterday trying to clean the sides of the flues on the bottom of the flue pan. Tried three attempts with Easy Off oven cleaner, letting it sit on the pan, and scrubbing and still couldn't get all the soot off. Even attempted Bar Keepers Friend but no luck. Any products or ideas I may try to remove all soot? Will pressure washer work?

TreeTapper2
03-30-2013, 01:09 PM
You are going to have some thin layer of baked on black stuff on your pans. I would not worry about that. It's the loose stuff that comes off with a scrapper that should be removed.

PerryW
03-30-2013, 01:42 PM
You are going to have some thin layer of baked on black stuff on your pans. I would not worry about that. It's the loose stuff that comes off with a scrapper that should be removed.

Agree w/ treetapper2. Spent the effort to make the inside of the pans shiny instead.

Indiana-Jones
03-30-2013, 01:47 PM
Hi concord maple. I'm cleaning things up here also and want to get my pans looking new. I went to the local restaurant supply house and saw this product. Carbon Off.

http://discoveryproducts.com/products/carbon-off

They have it in a 1 gallon can as a brush on liquid for $50.00 or a spray can $19.00. Has any body used it before and were they happy?