PDA

View Full Version : Sugar House Tours

Flat Lander Sugaring
03-29-2013, 04:49 AM
Been busy haven't been able to go to any ones this year until yesterday. While in Grafton on a back road going to a job we drove past a little sugar that had just transfered the sap. told my partner we're stopping on the way back. Pulled up hopped out walked down there is a 2x6 just motoring along with no one around. Pretty soon heres comes a fellow a couple sodas and a snack in hand. He is from Canada and running his daughters rig. Nice guy we talked for a few minutes then hit the road. I have a couple pics will post soon

Flat Lander Sugaring
04-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Stopped at a sugar house in Danby today. Griffin or Griffith sugar house. Very nice fellow talked to him for about 1/2 hr. Love talking to the old timers and try to learn from them.

Flat Lander Sugaring
04-15-2013, 05:29 AM
Hit two more this weekend, Went to Thads in Barre, and what an operation, I thought I was busy firing every 8 minutes, drawing syrup, getting more wood, filtering syrup, pics and videos to come. Thad took me over to VT Maple Maker, we saw his steam from Thads sugar bush across the valley pretty cool. running a nice 4x14 I believe, no pics though. There might have been a few boiling sodas around hahaha.

nymapleguy607
04-17-2013, 06:55 AM
Man I wish I could do that sounds like fun. We will be in Vt next week for the maple open houses would love to meet some of you guys.

Flat Lander Sugaring
04-18-2013, 04:20 AM
Thad and myself are going, and maybe a couple others. Not sure if we are going to Leader but hitting the rest of them.