PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Storage Ideas

Troutman10
03-27-2013, 01:40 PM
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for extra storage. I have a full 55 gallon barrel. Just picked up about 20 more gallons and things might keep going into the weekend where I am. I usually transport in coolers so that idea is out since those are full. Was thinking about totes. Does anyone else have ideas? Any help is appreciated!

Troutman10
03-28-2013, 10:31 PM
Went to Walmart and picked up a couple 27 gallon totes for quick storage. Sap didn't run as fast today. Been running fast and furious lately. Def. putting me to the test. Hope all is well!

Cake O' Maple
03-28-2013, 11:30 PM
Sorry no one responded, but I wonder if there was a posting glitch. I looked at the new posts at LEAST 2-3 times on the 27th, and never saw this post. Looked the afternoon of the 28th as well, and didn't see it.

Ideal is food grade, of course, but the sap police aren't going to come get you if you store in totes, etc. Do you have any large stock pots, pressure cookers, canning pots? Might be time to go buy some more 5-gallon buckets, and store in those.

Ban everyone from taking a shower and store in the tub? :lol:

DonMcJr
03-29-2013, 12:57 AM
Got an old chest freezer that's almost empty maybe? You wanted ideas!

jnmartin
03-29-2013, 07:12 AM
Okay I give. What's a "tote"? Where I come from (Texas), tote is somethin you have the wife do. Lol

Diesel Pro
03-29-2013, 07:21 AM
A tote is a large poly tank inside a metal cage. http://www.atlanticpressurewashers.com/images/P/275%20GAL%20Tote%20Med.jpg

I prefer leg tanks as they have a bottom draw making it very easy to empty them. I have 2 65 gallon tanks in my buggy and will be adding 2 more on saw horses to hold material (concentrate and possibly permeate) during processing.

happy thoughts
03-29-2013, 09:07 AM
Okay I give. What's a "tote"? Where I come from (Texas), tote is somethin you have the wife do. Lol

From the size described I think they mean a big rubbermaid type storage container that you might store clothes or your Christmas decorations in, the deep rectangular ones with a lid.

smokeyamber
03-29-2013, 11:58 AM
Yeah, those are not are food grade... but oh well...

A sap emergency sounds like you need to take a sick day and BOIL !!! ;)

From the size described I think they mean a big rubbermaid type storage container that you might store clothes or your Christmas decorations in, the deep rectangular ones with a lid.