PDA

View Full Version : blower for 2x6 drop flue

pierre
03-26-2013, 07:16 PM
any info for a blower for my 2x6 im using one now but think its to small . what size and where can i get one ? thanks for the help
PIERRE

lfdiaff
03-26-2013, 07:47 PM
I just use a furnace fan. I have to use a reo to slow it down. Way more then I need. I almost got talked into some $500 dayton hi pressure blower but def dont need anything that big.

briduhunt
03-26-2013, 07:56 PM
just this year I added a blower with ductwork to my 2x6 drop flue with a reostat to control the air volume. Seems to be working great, but hard to tell as I have only boiled three times this year but I do plan on boiling all day tommorrow. One thing that I found with a blower is that there is a good amount of soot that ends up in the syrup pan. I now have a reinforced piece of plex glass in front and that seems to be working good. most heating guys in your area might be able to get you one from a furnace they replaced. Good luck.

nymapleguy607
03-27-2013, 04:23 AM
On the old arch I had something like a 6" low pressure blower that had a reostat so you could adjust it. I'm now using a 1/2hp high pressure blower that feeds the AOF and AUF if you can limit the air that goes into the arch some how it really doesnt matter how big your blower is. I think leader uses a blower that puts out around 300cfm in there inferno arch. You'll definitly find out where you arch leaks.

Flat Lander Sugaring
03-27-2013, 05:20 AM
the blower i have listed on bottom of my sig. is what i just installed this year, was told it would do both AOF and AUF i just have it AOF right now, 449.00 shipped to my door, a lot of money but im happy with it.

GratiotCoMiMaple
03-27-2013, 08:42 AM
Last year I used the blower that came with the 2X6 GH Grimm (about 1985 model) and I think it is probably 75 cfm. It didn't blow enough air and I had to run the draft door cracked to get enough air for a hot fire. I replaced it with a 265 cfm blower from Grainger. It is a shaded pole motor and I bought the controller for it. I have the controller on the closest wall to the loading doors so I can quickly drop the fan speed down, fill with wood and run it up to high. I do not need to keep the draft door open with the new blower. I also do not need to run it on high to keep the stack temp between 1000-1300 degrees. Sugarbush Supply sells a blower for the 2x6 unit that is 273 cfm. They also have a nice plenum for $50 if you need one. I also put a piece of sheet metal under the firebox that is bent up to force the air up under the grates instead of right at the door. I do have issues with ashes blowing out the top of the door and getting into the syrup pan. Wish I had an air tight arch.

Kurt

pierre
03-27-2013, 06:01 PM
thanks guys for the feedback . i just finished up redesigning the bricks in the arch i have about 1" below the flues all the way to front of pan also ran a 6"round from fan to back of arch then inside i put a oval to round turned straight up into firebox . i was restricting it to a 4" i had for the old fan so now its blowing hard now ash is a problem but im happy with it . the stack is 850 with a magnetic stat sap from preheater is 150 170 constantly . going through wood like crazy but im at 45gal an hr for three hrs now and one time we had 60 it was cranking
i think i finally got it right . got to go