PDA

View Full Version : First attempt at sap buggy

Diesel Pro
03-25-2013, 10:14 AM
Sap buggy is ready. 2013 Polaris Ranger XP900 with 2) 65 gallon tanks with a removeable extension to empty into buckets and poor into pan. Simple cheap screened funnel to strain out the chunks and help maintain a clean tank. I'm not sure how easy it wil be to pour into the tanks without a step stool. I have a simple extension that is removeable and gets the sap back past the tailgate. See white elbow on RH side.

I'll try to get some better pics next weekend.

bowtie
03-25-2013, 10:25 AM
i use my ranger 700 xp i have a polar 1500lb trailer that i have a 125 gallon leg tank and in the bed of the ranger put a 50 gallon leg tank. it works good i have to transfer sap to a pickup tank in my 6x12 trailer to bring home, so i do not have vavles on my tanks but if my sugar shack was were i collected i would do it that way. if you are fairly flat the single strap is fine but if you are uo on a steep hill like myself i would double strap your tanks if you have not already. with your ranger you would be able to expand with trailer and biggere tank when and if you need. polaris rangers are hualing as@ machines!!