PDA

View Full Version : Double mechanical issues

stewardsdairy
03-25-2013, 09:45 AM
I have a double mechanical releaser that is sticking halfway when switching sides. Seems like a lot of friction. What type of lubrication should I use and where should it be applied? Also have bubbles up through one of the sides that is closed. Where is the most likely spot for a vacuum leak on that side?

wdchuck
03-25-2013, 09:54 AM
Pull the pistons out of their chamber and clean things with warm water- sometimes the vapor that gets pulled through there gums things up wiits sugar content. I use a food grade silicon AND KEEP THINGS LUBED ALWAYS....As for the vacuum leak, I've had them leak between the main chamber and the manifold (Flapper leaks) and in the main chamberthrough a leaking seam between the bottom plexi and sidewall.

vtmapleman
03-25-2013, 11:54 AM
Sounds like the flapper is not closing properly. Might have a piece of ice or something else not allowing the flapper to close properly. Maybe the flapper is warn out and will have to be replaced. Also, on mine there is an "o" ring where the small chamber fits into the two elbows - possibilty that one is leaking.