PDA

View Full Version : Deepest flues in a raised or drop flue pan?

RyanB
03-25-2013, 08:26 AM
Hi everyone, I was doing some searching on here last night and didn't find what I was after. I am curious as to what the deepest flues are in either a raised or drop flue pan? I have seen that Lapierre has a 9" flue with "v's" on the top and bottoms and says it is easier for cleaning. Just curious if this massive increase in flue depth is that much more benificial in maximizing evaporation.

Any info or opinions would be great.

Ryan

RyanB
03-25-2013, 04:46 PM
Anyone? just trying to figure out if there is a major advantage of going any deeper? Does anyone know a percentage of heat transfer or evaporated GPH with the increase of flue depth?

Thanks Ryan

jrmaple
03-25-2013, 05:00 PM
Leader makes a pan called the "MAX" flue, they are 11 1/2 inches deep and you can get a hybrid pan with 5 1/2 inch drop flues and 5 1/2 inch raised flues, https://www.leaderevaporator.com/p-321-the-max-flue-pan-leader-evaporator-recommended.aspx , Increased surface area increases the heat transfer through out the pan making it more efficient. I hope this is helpful and a close friend of mine has a Leader 2x8 with the MAX flue pan and a steam away and he can exceed 135 gph.

cadocter
03-25-2013, 05:20 PM
I know Sunrise Metal Works makes the JDL Extreme set of pans that are 16 inch raise and drop combined. I don't know gallon per hour or anything. Maybe those who have these pans can chime in.

RyanB
03-25-2013, 10:19 PM
Wow, 16" flues....do you know if the flues are one piece or if they are pieced and welded together? I didn't think it would be possible to make a solid bottomed pan with 16" flues. Thanks for the link jrmaple! I had a look and Im surpised that the efficiency isn't a little higher than what they stated....wonder what they were comparing that pan to.
I am looking for the highest output of GPH I can get with out the use of RO for my future 600 taps. I would like to get an arch that has a high enough GPH evaporation rate that I can run with out the use of RO so that in the future I can expand and just run an RO with out having to worry about needing a larger arch.

Thanks again...Ryan

cadocter
03-27-2013, 10:31 PM
I'm not sure if they are or not. I know a guy that lives close to me that has this pan on a 3x8 with a sap raider(sunrise metal works version of the steamaway) with a blower and he's cranking out 185 gallon an hour.He's also a dealer for them. I could get you his name and number if you'd like. Send me a PM if you'd like it. -Calvin