PDA

View Full Version : Shadow grey tubing

cur dog
03-24-2013, 08:29 PM
I was just looking thru the 2013 CDL catalog and noticed this. Its a Versaprofiles "Shadow Grey" 5/16 tubing. Has anyone seen a price on this product? I'm sure my local dealer can get me a price after the season, but was just curious. Thanks

unc23win
03-25-2013, 07:52 AM
If it semi-rigid it should be about $52 a roll.

IPL Technical Support
03-25-2013, 03:03 PM
Hello cur dog,

The 4-SEASON "SHADOW" is a flexible 5/16" not a semi-rigid.

Please contact your dealer for price.

I was just looking thru the 2013 CDL catalog and noticed this. Its a Versaprofiles "Shadow Grey" 5/16 tubing. Has anyone seen a price on this product? I'm sure my local dealer can get me a price after the season, but was just curious. Thanks

cur dog
03-25-2013, 03:15 PM
Hello cur dog,

The 4-SEASON "SHADOW" is a flexible 5/16" not a semi-rigid.

Please contact your dealer for price.

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll be putting together my first tubing system this year, and considering my options. Whats the longevity and price difference between the flexable "Shadow" tubing and the semi rigid? Whats the main difference between the two? Thanks.

mapleack
03-26-2013, 07:08 AM
Flexible is used for drop lines or perhaps lines you want to take down each year. Semi rigid is necessary if you want to stretch it tight and leave it up year round. Semi rigid won't keep stretching and sag like flexible.

IPL Technical Support
03-26-2013, 09:58 AM
Ok, thanks for the info. I'll be putting together my first tubing system this year, and considering my options. Whats the longevity and price difference between the flexable "Shadow" tubing and the semi rigid? Whats the main difference between the two? Thanks.

cur dog,

Longevity will be the same as any other Versaprofiles (IPL) 5/16" tubing. Our 4-SEASON "SHADOW" as a 10 year warranty, but you can expect a couple years more depending of where you are located and if you're facing North or South.

mapleack gave you the difference between a semi-rigid and a flexible tubing. However, flexible is not reserved to drop lines. The more you go North, the more people will use flexible tubing for the whole installation and as the name suggest the 4-SEASON can stay up all year long. With the cold, it's much more easier to work with than semi-rigid. You should try both and see what's the best option for you, but in PA I would be tempted to recommend the semi-rigid CDL90 5/16" which is offered in blue only.

The SHADOW color will avoid pre-mature freezing of your line and quicker thawing during Spring if you compare with blue or green tubing. If your sugar bush is facing North, you might want to use this color to gain some productivity, otherwise blue or FLASH green would work just fine.

cur dog
03-26-2013, 08:53 PM
Thanks guys, thats exactly what I wanted to know. I like the idea of the laterels blending in throughout the year. My bush will be on a snowy frozen north slope, so the darker line does make sense. I'm not digging the idea of sagging lines though.
IPL Tech., is there any talk of a semi rigid "Shadow" tubing in the future.

wnybassman
03-26-2013, 09:22 PM
I was thinking about this one for my lines next year.

https://www.bascommaple.com/item/lapolg/tubing_5_16/

unc23win
03-28-2013, 07:25 AM
wnybassman

30P works good for lateral lines. Some people use it for drop lines as well, but it is not as flexible as semi rigid or the leader max flow flex. You might want to try the pre assembled drops I have used a lot of them before not sure what this years price is, but if you don't have the tubing tools and such they would save you some work.

IPL Technical Support
03-28-2013, 08:07 AM
Thanks guys, thats exactly what I wanted to know. I like the idea of the laterels blending in throughout the year. My bush will be on a snowy frozen north slope, so the darker line does make sense. I'm not digging the idea of sagging lines though.
IPL Tech., is there any talk of a semi rigid "Shadow" tubing in the future.

cur dog,

There is in deed some talk for different colors in semi-rigid CDL90. Come visit us at our booth on April 26-27, we will be exhibiting our new products at the CDL's Open House in St-Alban's!

cur dog
05-03-2013, 08:33 AM
I didn't make it to st Albans. Whats the word on the semi rigid CDL 90 Grey tubing? Is it going to be available for this year?

IPL Technical Support
05-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Hello cur dog,

The "FLASH" color seemed to be more popular than the "SHADOW" at this show. Unfortunately, we might develop more with this first color in the upcoming months. We are going to have some talk with CDL regarding spreading the 5/16" tubing options, but for now, the CDL90 will be offered in regular blue only.

Thanks for your interest!

I didn't make it to st Albans. Whats the word on the semi rigid CDL 90 Grey tubing? Is it going to be available for this year?