PDA

View Full Version : Question about my Syrup Pan...

DonMcJr
03-24-2013, 08:04 PM
While I was cleaning my Half-Pint Pan today I noticed the bottom isn't flat anymore, mostly where the main heat is near the back of the pan. Is it normal for the pan to, um I guess you can say "warp" from the heat?

TerryEspo
03-24-2013, 09:16 PM
Hi DonJR:

My pan is differnet from yours, but ya, they move a bit.

Or at least mine does.

When its empty it has a little minor bend to it. Then when I pour a couple inches of sap into it, it creaks/pops back into place.

It doesn't bother me one bit. Leaks are what would bother me,lol.

Terry

DonMcJr
03-24-2013, 09:32 PM
I'll have to take a photo...I'm not talking about just thin metal sagging... It was flat when I bought it and now whether there's sap or water in it or not it's like bent instead of flat mostly where the hottest part of the fire hit the bottom of the pan...the rest of the pan is still flat.

1ruralmailman
03-25-2013, 12:08 AM
mt 2x3 flat pan is the same way.it has been since the day i owned it.i bought it used and could see the distortion.doesnt seem to hinder performance,though i am sure to keep sap a little deeper than i like,when i am finishing down so there is no way it scortches there.

DonMcJr
03-25-2013, 10:40 PM
Well my Half-Pint was new last year and only had 1 boil last year and 3 so far this year so if it's not supposed to do that I wanna know so I can contact Leader...

rcbulldog
03-26-2013, 07:11 PM
I have a Leader 2X4 WSE and it has the same bend in it (the syrup pan that is). I'm not shy about a HOT fire and have had the door cherry red on a long day. I'd say it shouldn't bother you, just a good sign you're not afraid to let her rip.