PDA

View Full Version : Guess what I saw today...

DonMcJr
03-24-2013, 05:40 PM
About 10 Robins and as many Red-Winged Black Birds. Spring is just around the corner...

I also scrubbed the heck out of my Half Pint Syrup Pan and rinsed it like 10 times so I am ready for the next and probally last big flow this week!

heus
03-24-2013, 05:43 PM
Robins and red-winged blackbirds have been here for the past two weeks saying " what the $@&! is going on?" Same with a killdeer in my yard.

Run Forest Run!
03-24-2013, 05:50 PM
The robins arrived late last week and boy are they mad! But spring will definitely be here when I hear the first red-winged blackbird.

DonMcJr
03-24-2013, 07:26 PM
Weird Karen... Aren't you north of me? Yetserday was definitely the 1st time I saw the Red-Winged Blackbirds and today was definitely the 1st robins...I been looking for them...

Springfield Acer
03-24-2013, 07:32 PM
I saw robins last week also, a Killdeer today and I heard a Baltimore Oriole today.

Run Forest Run!
03-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Weird Karen... Aren't you north of me? Yetserday was definitely the 1st time I saw the Red-Winged Blackbirds and today was definitely the 1st robins...I been looking for them...

Yes, I'd be further north than you. I guess the robins didn't get the memo, or perhaps their GPS was on the fritz. The red-winged blackbirds are playing it smart.

DonMcJr
03-24-2013, 07:45 PM
I looked up your city you are only about 50 miles north and way east of me... but still North the robins are confused LOL!

Run Forest Run!
03-24-2013, 07:48 PM
They don't call them bird brains for nothing. But I will say one thing about the robins in my backyard - they are very resourceful. I saw one eating a worm from the yard. That robin must have one tough beak or that was one stupid worm.

DonMcJr
03-24-2013, 07:51 PM
They don't call them bird brains for nothing. But I will say one thing about the robins in my backyard - they are very resourceful. I saw one eating a worm from the yard. That robin must have one tough beak or that was one stupid worm.

WOW! A worm from mostly frozen ground...what was that movie... "Attack of the Killer....um...Robins"!!!!!! LOL:lol:

DonMcJr
03-25-2013, 10:44 PM
I'm thinking now the Day after I see Red-Winged Blacksbirds and Robins the next day the flow will be ON!