PDA

View Full Version : 4" membrane recirculation

mountain man maple
03-24-2013, 03:31 PM
Has anyone tried to add recirculation onto a 4" membrane system? Read old posts where people have talked about it but no one said if they have done it and if they did it how or if it helped there machine operate more efficently.

mountain man maple
03-25-2013, 08:16 AM
Maybe I'm asking for too much info. I think if I put a t in concentrate line after first and second membrane and run it back into feed for first membrane will this help at all keep membranes from fouling. Would adding a pump in that loop make a difference .

saekeaton64
03-25-2013, 09:43 AM
I think you would have to add a pump and possible a check valve.
By teeing into the line on the pressure side, without a check valve the sap would flow in the path of least resistance (through the line off the tee).
I think that you would also need a pump on the recirculation line to overcome the pressure coming from the feed pump. (Without this the sap may just stall in the line)
Another option, and I don't know if it would work or not, would be to install a venturi injector after the feed pump and have the recirc. line attached to the injection port.( This is the concept a dredge uses to move a large volume of water with a small pump).