PDA

View Full Version : Another Deer/Strange Visitor Video to Pass Time...

DonMcJr
03-22-2013, 12:04 PM
...while waiting for the sap flow to start again!

We're allowed to put 2.5 Gallons of Feed for Wildlife within I think 500 Feet of our Home for wildlife viewing. This cam is about 70 yards behind my house and we can see the deer going to it from our back doorwall window and of course live on the camera. This time of year the natural food is scarce so it's the only time of the year we see more than 3-4 deer at a time...

http://youtu.be/AkJLnlXQbFs

West Mountain Maple
03-22-2013, 12:50 PM
Don, been enjoying your stuff, just snapped these pics, view from my "office"

DonMcJr
03-22-2013, 12:55 PM
Cool! I want your Office!

Waynehere
03-22-2013, 02:01 PM
****, that is a hell of a view.

Don, at least your critters are outside your shack. I have a webcam in mine and just found a possum wondering around, setting off my mouse traps with peanut butter on them. I tried to get home last night to shoot him, but he scooted on me..... Will have to try again tonight...

regor0
03-22-2013, 02:03 PM
Don,
Nice video, what kind of camera is that?

Springfield Acer
03-22-2013, 03:21 PM
It seemed as though the first couple times that the skunk turned its back to the deer, that the deer went a bit on alert. Coincidence?

DonMcJr
03-22-2013, 05:18 PM
Yep that deer knew what skunk stink is...lol!

Here's the Camera... http://foscam.us/products/foscam-fi8919w-wireless-ip-camera.html

DonMcJr
03-22-2013, 11:52 PM
You know there are 1-3 People on here that in other posts make comments about my "other than Maple Syrup " video, basically like they don't think I should be posting them here...

Are the videos ok or should I not post them?

Just wondering if them few people have a problem or are jealous or something?

Cause if they are not wanted here then everyone be honest and say so and I'll stop and no hard feelings...

Thanks!

spud
03-23-2013, 05:27 AM
Don,

Don't worry about what 3 people have to say. Those people have the ability to not click on to your video if they choose. I'm sure if there were two legged deer in the video there would be no complaints at all.

Spud

Homestead Maple
03-23-2013, 07:45 PM
I say, keep posting. There are plenty of other things that are posted on here that aren't related to maple.

sugarsand
03-24-2013, 06:29 AM
Don, love the videos and yea keep em coming. By the way, how far can the cam transmit, and how is it powered?

sugarsand

DonMcJr
03-24-2013, 01:08 PM
It's gotta be in range of your Wireless Router or you can run at most 200 feet of Eithernet Cable... BUT on the wireless end if you have the right router you can flash DD-WRT on your router which erases the software on it and replaces it and then you can turn up the transmit power a bit and use a directional antenna to get a bit farther. The farthest I have is 500 feet with a clear line of sight. I have a link in one of my videos on this site with the new toy I think that shows you how I set it all up if you are interested.