PDA

View Full Version : new book

super sappy
07-04-2006, 03:11 AM
I found a new sugaring book.SWEET DAYS AND BEYOND written by Burr Morse. It is light on the technical stuff but full of tall tales and good stories.Its 200 pages with lots of old photos.I cant figure out how to post a link but if you GOOGLE -MORSE FARM- You can find it and check out his opperation. Oh yea-he boils with a wood chip evaporator.I was all excited when I got it home I started reading it right away.Oh well the grass will get mowed tomorrow. Super Sappy

Banjo
07-04-2006, 06:24 AM
Looks like a quite the operation. The website is http://www.morsefarm.com/. There's a link to the book off the front page.

Are there details of the woodchip evaporator at all? It always seemed like a good way to go to me.

cheers, Andrew

Fred Henderson
07-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Each spring Paul Smith's college near Saranac Lake NY has an open house at their sugarhouse and a breakfast. Being that one of our son's graduated from there we have gone for many years. They had a wood chip fired evap at one time but they also burned propane to keep a real hot fire going. They have since gone to oil.