PDA

View Full Version : Running a little

Shawn
03-21-2013, 04:09 PM
Pulled out my logs and checked things out afterwards. Trees behind house with buckets are running some, my stud trees are coming into it. Some of the pipeline was starting to run a little. Way out back nothing yet. Those suckers must be froze up solid and it will take a couple of good days with sun to thaw them. :cool:

jake22si
03-21-2013, 05:08 PM
Mine just started to run at about 5 pm. Then around 6 the temp started dropping so I dont think they have much of a chance.

CampHamp
03-21-2013, 05:17 PM
I'm looking at the best 10-day sugarin' forecast ever. Ready to be busy again?

325abn
03-21-2013, 05:32 PM
Loked up tighter than a ........................

Yes very good news from chan 9. BIG SAP AND BIG MUD is coming to NH.

Greyfox
03-21-2013, 05:54 PM
Even my cold North-facing woods yielded a couple of gallons today. Be careful, the National Weather Service has issued a Sap Tsunami warning for Belknap, Grafton and Carroll counties for next week :D. Hip waders and life jackets are recommended. Seriously, I think the second half of the season is about to break loose and I believe we're in for a good year. Good luck guys.

Doc

MapleLady
03-21-2013, 08:47 PM
Ran a little bit more today over here. Most of my taps were wet at least, so I think things are beginning to thaw out. I'm hoping the sun stays out tomorrow to help it along!

PerryW
03-21-2013, 09:42 PM
All I got was some big icicles coming out of my mainline and a pint of sap in my warmest buckets.

Russell Lampron
03-22-2013, 05:01 AM
The forecast is looking better. I got 200 gallons in my woods tank from Wednesday through last evening. It didn't get as cold last night and there is a little sun in the forecast for this morning.

Hang in there Perry. The season should just be starting for you.

SmellsLikeSyrupNH
03-22-2013, 07:46 AM
Im hoping all of you are right, I have only gotten 18 gallons in the last 8 days...starting to get frustrated. I want to be boiling!!! LOL

Last night when I got home I expected some, but a lot of my buckets were empty or just barely starting to drip, had some others with buckets 1/4th full....I hope the sun does some good work on them today.

Bucksaw
03-22-2013, 07:53 AM
Tapped 7 trees in my front yard last Sunday and so far have almost 15 gallons from them. Most are pretty small too but they get a lot of sun. The 20 or so trees I tapped in my back yard haven't been yielding much at all for the past 2 weeks...maybe 15 gallons total. Hoping for a decent amount again today though, sun was already hitting the trees when I left for work.