PDA

View Full Version : maple syrup insurance got any idea's

meredith maple's
03-20-2013, 11:04 AM
ok so here it is i have been a producer for a awhile i always have given away to family and friends, but over the years, as we all have upgraded this and that in the sugar house and now i would like to make a few dollars off what we love as a hobby so selling is not the point but would be nice to keep upgrades going, but how many producers have product insurance on there maple candy or syrup? i have herd that some farmers markets that its required so i called to the ag dept in concord they said you don't have to have it buts it is a good idea. so what do you all think is it worth it for a few gallons to sell?? and if you guys or ladies have insurance who do you have? thanks nick

68bird
03-20-2013, 11:09 AM
This is something I would like to know as well. I am also in NH.

Amber Gold
03-20-2013, 01:01 PM
Contact Dill on trader. He's with Cooperative Insurance and covers everything we do...business, vehicles, and home...rates are good. He's in Deerfield, NH.

meredith maple's
03-20-2013, 03:31 PM
thanks do you have it?

maple flats
03-20-2013, 05:06 PM
I've been insured since 2004. Product liability insurance is quite reasonable. I also have insurance on my syrup inventory. I just raised that from 100 gal to 500 gal, increase in premium $16/yr. I have everything thru Farm Family, homeowners, fire on a rental house, fire on sugarhouse (includes all maple equipment), farm equipment, blueberry farm, (U-PICK), 2 cars, 1 truck, product liability and likely others too.
I think Nationwide has farm insurance now too, likely others too. If you are a small producer look into a rider on your homeowners. Your best deal may come from your current agent.

PerryW
03-20-2013, 07:01 PM
I use Farm Family Insurance Company.

northwoods_forestry
03-20-2013, 07:30 PM
Mini-Farm policy from Cooperative Insurance. We get a 10% discount for being members of the Vermont Sugar Makers Assoc.

NH Maplemaker
03-20-2013, 07:37 PM
We have been with Farm Family for thirty years! They cover every thing on the farm !! Even the trampoline!