PDA

View Full Version : Larger trees.

Asthepotthickens
03-19-2013, 05:03 PM
Hope this is in the proper section, I find that the larger trees do not run as well as the smaller ones. Wondering if it take too long to thaw the bigger trees help needed.

TapME
03-19-2013, 05:36 PM
I have mostly larger trees (24+ ") on buckets with tubing spiders. They run very well when the weather is good. Most good days they run a gallon a tap. My buckets are 4 gallon frosting buckets. Some days they need to be emptied 2 times. Weather is the big factor with these large sugar maples. Good luck

PerryW
03-19-2013, 06:33 PM
Hope this is in the proper section, I find that the larger trees do not run as well as the smaller ones. Wondering if it take too long to thaw the bigger trees help needed.

That's the way my trees have been running, but usually the large trees run better. I suspect that when the weather warms up, things will return to normal.

MapleLady
03-19-2013, 08:56 PM
So far this year, my smaller trees have been producing more than my larger ones. Maybe this will change as it warms up?

backyard sugaring
11-13-2013, 07:49 PM
I have mostly large trees. We have noticed sometimes on the larger trees you have to tap a little bit deeper due to the thicker bark. Good luck Lee