PDA

View Full Version : Need Sap?

SeanD
03-19-2013, 03:35 PM
Anyone need more sap to keep the season going? I'm calling it quits this weekend or the beginning of next week, but the forecast is for more and more sap here. I'll continue to tube, collect, filter and put in barrels on my property if anyone is interested. Otherwise, I'll just pull taps.

I can't say what the sugar will be next week, but it's still 2.5%-2.75% now. We can check it before you pick up and I'm fine with whatever the going rate is for pick up. I just hate to see the rest of an amazing season go to waste.

I've got 90 taps out right now and have been averaging around 50-60 gallons per day over the last few days.

I'm in Hopkinton, MA 01784. You can email me or call.

Sean
woodvillemaples@verizon.net
508-341-5108

TerryEspo
03-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Hey Sean:

DonJr and I are plannig a pipeline from Ontario to Michigan, his place to mine. We want sap, we gotts a bit but want more.

Maybe I need to call Don and inform him we need a longer pipeline !!:lol:

Hope someone grabs your sap, shame to pull the taps.

Good luck.

Terry

maarons
03-23-2013, 07:45 PM
Sean,

I'm in Natick. I just have a backyard operation (evaporator I welded out of my old 275 gallon oil tank), but I was looking the other day and I think I'm going to run out of sap way before wood. I've just been running between 60-80 gallons per week, but I've only got 10 old-style taps, and old trees that like to give me ~2.0%.

I've got a pickup truck, but no big tank on it. 20 - 5 gallon buckets tend to keep me from week to week.

I'm not sure I'm really in a position to buy your sap (since I'm not selling any of mine - just for gifts), but I'd be happy to strike some sort of deal and give you a share of the final product. (Warning, I'm not on a continuous pan, so what I boil tends to run slightly darker than a professional setup.)

Let me know if you have any interest.

Thanks,

Michael