PDA

View Full Version : My name is Terry,,,,,,And I am a chronic !!

TerryEspo
03-18-2013, 08:01 PM
I said no more small batches, well sap trickled here today and I collected about 9.5 gallons.

Brought it to the garage and told my self to let it freeze outside and maybe Friday it will run again.

I COULD NOT LET IT SIT. I was getting nervous to think I had to leave it.

I put a small fire in my arch and boiled for about an hour, watching like Mother Hen due to such a low level and didnt want disaster.

Took it off the pan and now it is steaming up my house as I type.

I am addicted.

Terry

psparr
03-18-2013, 08:21 PM
Right there with ya. Just set off the smoke detector and woke up the kids with a boil over.

Run Forest Run!
03-18-2013, 09:09 PM
I had about 7 gallons in my sap storage pail, and I couldn't resist. As I was scrubbing all of the pots and pans I wondered what the heck I had done. I think we have issues.

DonMcJr
03-18-2013, 09:25 PM
I'm about to take all the sweet out of my evaporator, about 4-5 gallons and boil it down on the Turkey Fryer cause I wanna clean the pan tomorrow so it's nice and clean for the next big run...getting too dirty for my liking!

boondocker
03-18-2013, 09:41 PM
I chased the sweet out of my evaporator on sunday afternoon with water and had a bunch of almost syrup and some real loose stuff. I Ran it through the finisher tonight and ended up with another 3 1/2 gallons of med. My flue pan looks like a African swamp and i have enough sugar sand in my pans to fill the pot holes in my driveway. Maine maple sunday is this sunday for us and i need to do some serious cleaning and get ready!