PDA

View Full Version : Gast 2565 Questions

RiverValleySugarhouse
03-17-2013, 06:06 PM
Hello I just purchased a Gast 2565 vacuum pump. I have pm a couple of fellow traders and there help has been great. I need to have a gas motor and want to use a single mech. releasor. I'm probably going to run a 5-7 hp engine which most run at 3600rpms. I was thinking of 2" pulley on gas and vac motors and running gas at half throttle 1800 rpms to help save gas and wear and tear on motor. I know the gast needs to run at around 1750rpms. What is the best way to check rms on a small engine or pulley??? What is the oil used in the oiler??? How many hours can you get out of the oiler before adding more oil?? I have been told by some to hook a air tank to the vacuum pump? Do I really need to do this or could I run my vac directly to the releasor?? If I need to could I use one of the walmart air tanks 5 gal for $32 how many hg" will they take?? I've read not to worry about a filter jar on the intake and nothing on the out unless it blows lots of oil. I have been trying to read threw all the threads in the past. My woman has been getting ugly by me doing so much "research" !! Thanks for any help on this..

maple maniac65
03-18-2013, 06:52 AM
I run a gast 3040 with a 11 hp honda motor running just over idle. heavy duty pulleys were a must for me so I am running a double belt pulley. The one on the pump ran about $100.00. I am running 20 inches of vac at the releaser and use vac oil from Tractor Supply. On the discharge I took the intake canister off from a surge system and blow the exhaust backwards through it. This helps with oil reclaiming and noise since there is a house 100 feet away. I run the vac directly to the releaser. I do not use any type of vac chamber

RiverValleySugarhouse
03-18-2013, 03:16 PM
How many taps you running on the 3040.?? I am going to try 700 taps on this vac. Is there any other muffler methods or ideas?? I'd like to keep the noise down too. Thanks for the info.:D