PDA

View Full Version : Lack of respect these days is absolutely disheartening

Bruce L
03-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Got a call this morning from my wife's former co-worker.Another co-worker's 23 year old son was killed in a motorcycle crash in Indianna on his 23rd birthday.My wife typed in his name to see if there was anything in the news,and lo and behold there it was saying he had died in a high speed police chase,perhaps he had had a few drinks,and didn't want to face a charge and made the mistake of his life.The comments underneath the story were too say the least sickening,along the lines of "another bastard off the streets","got what he deserved running from the cops".We are not talking about some child molester,or pedophile or rapist here,we are talking about a 23 year old young man who made a mistake and ended his life over it.These people that make comments like this are quick to judge on someone they have never met or will never know.He was still someone's son,someone's friend,etc.Today's society needs to realize there is more to life than texting people all day and night,and not getting the social aspect of actually speaking to a person and learning some of life's basic skills like empathy at a time like this.

Father & Son
03-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Bruce,
I totally agree with you! This is where my favorite word comes into play - "ENTITLED". It seems to me that alot of people feel they are entitled to do, say, act, or whatever without considering how this will affect the other person and some of the comments are just hurtful.

Jim

DonMcJr
03-17-2013, 05:30 PM
Wow that is terrible. I am sorry and will say a prayer for his Family...

Bruce L
03-17-2013, 05:38 PM
My wife just got off the phone with this young man's mother,offering to come over to cry with her,the poor woman can hardly talk,and is blaming herself for not telling him to take a cab home that night or take the car instead of the motorcycle.I just pray she doesn't see the new article and read the hurtful comments people make.

325abn
03-17-2013, 07:00 PM
To bad the young man lost his life, I feel for the family and his poor Mom.

That being said if he was indeed DUI and running from the cops its a good thing no inosents where killed. Thats the way these things end most of the time. The perp walks away fromt he crash and some poor bystander dies.