PDA

View Full Version : Finally going to get sap !!

TerryEspo
03-17-2013, 09:13 AM
Please let this forecast be true !!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/ca/sault-ste-marie/p6a/daily-weather-forecast/50576_pc?day=6

Keeping my fingers crossed,,,,it will be the first good run for us in Northern Michigan and Northern Ontario.

Terry

GramaCindy
03-17-2013, 09:16 AM
Hello Terry,

I hope that the forecast is going to come true for you…..it seems everyweek, that it looks like there is a good chance of a warmup for the weekend, and as the week goes on, the warmup disappears.:cry: Your latitude isn't too far south of me, so maybe……..Keeping my fingers, toes and whatever else I can crossed for all of us.

jmayerl
03-17-2013, 09:22 AM
Dont worry grama, i always wanted to make syrup in May and June.

Mike R.
03-17-2013, 10:55 AM
Hopefully its true. They can only keep postponing the warm weather for long enough. It should run right on through the Easter weekend.

TerryEspo
03-17-2013, 11:23 AM
Hey Mike......

Fingers and toes crossed, we deserve our sap by now, lol.

I have had taps in for 2 weeks now, collected a total of approx. 75 gallons I think, need to check, I do have it written down. I hope the first day next week to get more than 75 gallons in a single day.
The sap I have boiled has given great light syrup, delicious. Anxious for more.

Come on weatherman and dont change it !!

Terry

DonMcJr
03-17-2013, 01:35 PM
We still haven't had consistant weather for sap flow... it's been about 3 days 3 times... I hope it lets loose soon!

Glad you're gonna get some soon Terry!

dufftj
03-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Ah yes to be a weatherman.......75 gallons of sap I'd be estatic with that about now.....For the past month the 5 day accuweather has always said the warmup is comming, just to downgrade it and push it off for another five days. I stopped looking at the forecasts and I'm sleeping alot better at night:)...Oh well making syrup well into april should make for some huge runs....as long as the reds and silvers don't break bud the first warm up they see....And my taps don't dry up either:cry:

Good luck all,

Tim

MustardSeedMum
03-17-2013, 05:38 PM
Wow you're going to be warmer than us here in S.Ontario. Looks like we have to wait till Friday for our run.

As an aside - do you find accuweather to be more accurate than weather network? I've just looked at both and while their highs for week of the 24th are about the same,
the lo's are completely different. (I like accuweather's better - it has lo's going down below 0, whereas weather network has above 0's for the entire week!)

DonMcJr
03-17-2013, 08:52 PM
Don't know if it's in Canada or not but try http://www.weatherunderground.com it's been pretty close for me...

MapleLady
03-18-2013, 06:00 AM
Just when we thought it was going to warm up here, the forecast is calling for another snowstorm and cold temps this week.