PDA

View Full Version : How long a piece of tubing from saddle to hooked connector?

Bruce L
03-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Too cold to do much in the bush,so started shortening lines with saddles and hooked connectors.We are using tubing that has been chewed in drop lines,so we are using up the shorter pieces.just wondering what lengths we should be using?
Thanks,Bruce

spud
03-15-2013, 03:36 PM
16 inches or so is plenty. I would use the slide fittings though because there are no connections with them. No connections mean no possible vacuum leaks.

Spud

ennismaple
03-15-2013, 03:44 PM
Spud's response is good. I've left as little as 12" when I cut the line and there's not enough slack to make a gradual 180 degree bend.

Thad Blaisdell
03-15-2013, 04:41 PM
You can have the slides. If you use rigid tubing I highly highly recommend using connectors with hooks. I personally have no use for slides,

maplwrks
03-15-2013, 05:29 PM
I agree with Thad. I feel they are a great fitting, but you are paying for them also.

unc23win
03-15-2013, 06:04 PM
I like to use 12-16" seems to work. I did some the other day that I most likely will change I used 30p from leader and it was the end of the roll so the loops were not should I say flat if thats the correct definition.

The slide fitting with the hook would work as well personally I haven't decided whether or not I like them definitely more $ with the slide fitting paired with a hook as oppossed to the hook connector. Spud is right though no chance for a leak. I actually think it would be pretty cool to have a hook connector with a longer end so it lifts it up a little and the line would have a slight drop as it goes around the loop.

maple flats
03-15-2013, 07:15 PM
I like between 16-18". They just seem easier to work with, making them faster to do. Time is money.

Maplewalnut
03-15-2013, 07:52 PM
I use about 16 inches also and will be replacing all slides I have left over the summer. Hate them. No connections to leak yes, but they do not hold semi tubing very well. I have found many after wind storms that the tubing has slipped back away from mainline, pinched tubing at saddle closed and put all tension on the saddle itself