PDA

View Full Version : Sniff, I'm so proud...

Cake O' Maple
03-15-2013, 12:31 PM
I just got an email from my mom.

You have to know that my nephew is a teenager, and his mother limits his syrup per meal to 1/4 cup... And my mother puts applesauce, etc on waffles to eke out her syrup.

"when I went to Heather's [my sister] Mon and Tues, I was pretty exasperated with Joshua [my nephew]. It seems that much as he likes pancakes and waffles, he now eats them only if there is real maple syrup. Young man, your parents don't make that kind of money, and your aunt works awfully hard to make that stuff! I had stuff along to make French toast, and he could only eat until the maple syrup was gone..."

"train up a child in the way he should go........" :D

DonMcJr
03-15-2013, 11:48 PM
Very cool! ;)

Flat Lander Sugaring
03-16-2013, 05:54 AM
get him making his own if he has access to maple trees

MapleLady
03-16-2013, 08:08 AM
I can relate to this post, as my kids would never eat pancakes with anything but real maple syrup -- they wouldn't go near 'pancake syrup'. When the syrup ran out, breakfast was over.

Your nephew has good taste! Maybe he can help you make syrup. Then you could 'pay' him in syrup and he could have his own stash! (and realize how precious it can be) :)

Run Forest Run!
03-16-2013, 05:15 PM
My nephew once pushed aside his grandmother's homemade strawbery jam for his Auntie Karen's homemade apricot jam. Trumping his grandmother, now that's an awkward triumph. Glad I wasn't there at the time. Especially since that grandmother is not my mother, it's the inlaw's side. Ouch.