PDA

View Full Version : I made the news paper

Dan W
03-14-2013, 06:02 PM
On Sunday I had a visit at the sugar house with a photographer and reporter from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette. I was boiling in full swing when they arrived. I had lots of sap to boil and collect so they got to see the whole process from collecting to boiling. There is a giant article in the food section today. I can't figure out how to post a link but if you go to the Post Gazette websight and do a search for maple, it comes up as "Trees to Table, Penn's woods..." I can't wait to see what kind of exposure this will bring! I have already gotten a few inquiries just today. An autograph session is in the works and will be scheduled soon.

happy thoughts
03-14-2013, 06:07 PM
Nice article Dan! :). Good to see PA syrup being promoted. Here's the link to the article

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/life/food/penns-woods-shares-some-of-its-sap-so-you-can-put-it-on-pancakes-waffles-and-more-679277/

Run Forest Run!
03-14-2013, 06:30 PM
That's a great article. I especially love the picture of that big SS jug that the finished syrup is collected in. I WANT one!

unc23win
03-14-2013, 06:38 PM
AWESOME! Nice article

Zamkev
03-14-2013, 06:44 PM
That's a great article. I especially love the picture of that big SS jug that the finished syrup is collected in. I WANT one!

Karen - check out this link....you might find one in your area....they're not that expensive($20-40) and very useful. I just bought one.

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/f-surge-milker-Classifieds-W0QQKeywordZsurgeQ20milkerQQisSearchFormZtrue

Mike R.
03-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Very good article. Great advertizing too.

Run Forest Run!
03-14-2013, 07:54 PM
Karen - check out this link....you might find one in your area....they're not that expensive($20-40) and very useful. I just bought one.

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/f-surge-milker-Classifieds-W0QQKeywordZsurgeQ20milkerQQisSearchFormZtrue

Thanks Zamkev! I had no idea what that was or what it was called.

maple flats
03-14-2013, 08:05 PM
Be ready big time!!! If you have an open house soon you will be swamped. I had a similar article featuring my sugarhouse back in 2009, actually 3 in a row. Then we had maple weekend. I had such a crowd all day, for 4 days (2 week-ends) that the sugarhouse was full to capacity and I had waiting lines 20 and 30 deep waiting to get in. I knew the aritcles would help a lot, but I sold out and had to take orders, some of which I had to buy bulk to finish filling. Have enough help and be prepared for a crowd.
This is far better than paid advertising can ever be. Congratulations!

Gary R
03-15-2013, 06:36 AM
Great job Dan. That is a very nice article. If you need more syrup, look us up:) When's the autograph signing?

mapleack
03-15-2013, 08:06 AM
Nice article Dan, good press!

Asthepotthickens
03-15-2013, 10:02 AM
Nice Read, nice to read good news for a change

DonMcJr
03-15-2013, 11:54 AM
Very Cool! I actually hope that doesn't happen to me! The word of mouth and FB have my Syrup sold before I can even make it! If the whole county knew in the newspaper... just wow!

Congrats!

Springfield Acer
03-15-2013, 05:22 PM
The PG did a nice job Dan and with their coverage, I'd think that you would get inundated. Here's to hoping the response is just what you need! Congratulations.