PDA

View Full Version : Anybody near Hancock County?

Cuttingedge
03-12-2013, 09:22 AM
I am going to be staying in Bucksport, Me from March 23rd- 30th and would really enjoy seeing someones operation.
A friend and I are making syrup on a small scale with homemade evaporators and would really like the opportunity to see how others are doing it. If anyone near the area would be willing to give a tour and maybe some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

sap seeker
03-12-2013, 10:50 AM
I am going to be staying in Bucksport, Me from March 23rd- 30th and would really enjoy seeing someones operation.
A friend and I are making syrup on a small scale with homemade evaporators and would really like the opportunity to see how others are doing it. If anyone near the area would be willing to give a tour and maybe some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

Your timing is perfect as you'll actually be here for Maine Maple Sunday. If you goggle it, you'll find a list of particiapting operations. Didn't see any for Hancock County but several in Waldo, not far from you at all. Good luck.

Cuttingedge
03-12-2013, 04:20 PM
Thank you very much for the info. I am also interested in seeing some smaller operations as well, so if anyone nearby would be willing to allow a few visitors it would be greatly appreciated.

bees1st
03-13-2013, 03:45 AM
Jason, I'm about 45 minutes from Bucksport. Stop on by.You can email me to get my phone # to make sure I'm around. Any day BUT Maine Maple Sunday,so we can talk more.

Cuttingedge
03-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Jason, I'm about 45 minutes from Bucksport. Stop on by.You can email me to get my phone # to make sure I'm around. Any day BUT Maine Maple Sunday,so we can talk more.

Thank you very much for the offer. I will be in touch through Private Message.

Jason

Revi
03-17-2013, 12:44 PM
There are a lot of sugarhouses open around Skowhegan, and you can check ours out also. We're on the Burrill Hill Road which goes from Skowhegan to Norridgewock.