PDA

View Full Version : Triple Drop into my line,,,Mistake ?

TerryEspo
03-10-2013, 08:49 PM
I hope I can explain this proper.

I am useing 5/16 blue tubing for everything.

I have a line that has approx. 15 trees on it. Approx. halfway down the run, I put a tee in (like adding a drop) but instead I have three lines pouring into that tee.

Wish I took a picture. Think of the letter "H" and turn it sideways. The bottom is my mainline and the top is the three lines.

Basically, 3 lines are connected above my mainline, those three lines empty into the mainline via a single tee. Looks funny, good downward slope on all of it.

It seems that sap from the above three lines does not flow good into the mainline. Maybe I cant see the sap running, my sap is not running good anyway.

I am worried about back pressure or something I was reading here.

I should have just cut three tee,s in the mainline but was too lazy and cheated. The maniline was tight, and I didnt want to loosen it again !!

Am I overthinking this?

Thanks.

Terry

wildlifewarrior
03-10-2013, 09:12 PM
I have been told that unless it is an actual mainline there should be one line per tee so each should be separated if you can. We had some like this and it seemed like the sap was getting backed up trying To get to the lateral/ mainline. There is a post on her about it with pictures somewhere
Mike

PerryW
03-10-2013, 09:53 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. Whenever you TEE two or more gravity 5/16 lines together, funny things like that happen. Kind of like a traffic intersection where one line runs for a bit, then the other one takes over and runs for a while. If you are worried, just go up the pipe a few taps and pull a tap out of the tree. As long as air & sap is not spewing out of the pipe everything is fine. These should actually be a slight natural vacuum (from the pulled spout) when the sap is running good.

farmall h
03-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Terry, as PerryW said.:)