PDA

View Full Version : arch parts

CTsugarMan
03-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Can any one tell me were I can get the front doors for an arch, i want to build one this summer and im looking for the front that has the two doors above the air vent below. Thanks

sams64
03-09-2013, 05:06 PM
I built my front. Because I had to get mine done very quickly I used a flat plate forth front door. This was not a good idea and warped almost immediately. What I wanted to do and have seen others do is frame out the opening with angle facing out. The door should have angle as well that will close over the face like a shoe box. Some fireplace gasket and insu
Action and you should be in good shape.

Sam

CTsugarMan
03-09-2013, 05:26 PM
Thanks I kinda thought warping might be a problem, thats why im looking to see if i can get one like on the commercial ones, like lapierre.

RyanB
03-09-2013, 10:11 PM
Its pretty easy to build your own if your building the arch your self and are good with a welder. In fact...it would proably be cheaper! We just went full air tight with ours w/AOF and AUF and we build a door similar to what the big guys build. Its totally built from 1/4" steel. The front is 20x20 and the then instead of using angle for the sides we used 2"x 1/4" flat bar. We put it around the inside of the door, then layed in a piece of 3/4" square tube as a spacer that was inset 5/8" from the front edge, we then welded in another piece of 2x1/4 against that. This gave us a 3/4" wide x 5/8" deep grove for the 3/4" door rope gasket. Once we mounted the door we welded 5/16" round bar directly in the center of the grove on the arch side. This makes for a total air seal and puts presure of the gasket on both sides. Also because we used the 2x1/4" we were able to fill the door with bricks and refactory cement. For a door lock, we then when to the local trailer shop and picked up a door lock set for a barn door trailer.

Works amazing and cost us $75 to build from scratch!

Ryan