PDA

View Full Version : I got to Boil last night !!

TerryEspo
03-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Hurrah,,,,I collect about 30 gallons of sap and boiled last night.

It was great to try the new arch, learned lots.

Great stack temp with no blower, about 700-800, off the chart with the blower on, so I didn't run the blower much. Only had 30 gallons and didnt want to end my fun too fast.

Arch door warped a bit, minor but a bit harder to lock it closed.

Very easy on wood, maybe a wheelbarrow full of wood was all I used, big difference from my old uninsulated beast.

Tricky timing the re-loads, pretty good boil going but temp dropping a bit, open the door and wow, almost all wood is gone, I got to reload quicker.

Pan boils full length, I placed a divider in just placing it and near the rear and it does work, different colors of sap on each side.

If I had to guess I was getting about 10 GPH, and not really running the blower much.

No pics, shame on me. Next time.

Hope all are getting sap, lots of it !!

Terry

happy thoughts
03-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Good for you terry:) I'm glad you're up and running! I know you're feeling a lot better now that the season is finally started. I was just about to send your sainted wife a straight jacket:o

Best wishes for a great season. Sap is finally starting to flow a little better here. I'm excited!

silveradomaple
03-09-2013, 06:23 PM
Glad your finally getting some boil time in. You'll be in heaven when you get that first draw-off. Hope your arch doors aren't to badly warped.