PDA

View Full Version : masport vac pump, oil cooler, Flood

mrnorthshore
03-09-2013, 09:09 AM
Hi everyone, I have a masport vac pump with a oil reclaimer and a inline oilfilter off the reclaimer, I was thinking of putting a tranny oil cooler just after the oil filter and then running a 1/2" line to the intake on the vacuum pump with a shut off valve to control the amount of oil. Would this be enough to keep the pump cool or would I need to add a extra oil storage tank to hold more oil? If so, how many gallons of oil would I need the tank to hold? Right now my reclaime holds about 3.5- 4 gallons. Thanks, Paul

maple man
03-09-2013, 07:07 PM
I did that . Had to run separate line out of oil reclaimer, the intake will pull more vacume then the bearing oilers will, trany cooler works or heater core out of a car. Best cooling results I found was to box in pump run a blower on it,

mrnorthshore
03-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Thanks For the reply, I had a snow day and just used a 30lb propane tank to use as a holding tank and drilled and threaded some fitting on it to make it work. That way I have about 7-8 gallons more in the tank before it passes through the cooler. Thanks for the reply though, Great to know about the seperate line to the bearings and not to just T it off of the intake feed line. Thanks again!!

mrnorthshore
03-14-2013, 05:33 PM
Maple Man, Did you have any trouble with blowing oil out of your exaust? With mine I have a 1/2" shut off valve inline just before the intake to cut down the oil being sucked in, Right now its only opened about 1/8th of the way. I still get a steady drip of oil out the exhaust About 2 drips every second. Is this the way it is, Or is there something wrong?
Thanks, Paul