PDA

View Full Version : Photo Tour

HanginAround
05-28-2006, 09:59 AM
I posted a bunch of pics this spring in another online forum for some people from all over that didn't know anything about maple, and you might find it interesting:

http://k9kennelclub.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=840

Pics of my uncle's two sugarwoods mostly, making cream, and explanations along the way. Also a few pics of the homeade evaporator I helped my friend build this spring. Sry the posts all say "Guest", they accidently deleted my username recently. Any comments appreciated, please post them here since they don't allow guest posting on the other board, so you would have to register to post.

Russell Lampron
05-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Hangin-

Just read all of the post and looked at all of the pics that you posted on the other web site. The pics of the tubing and vacuum set up will be very helpful to members of this web site. My operation is much smaller than your uncles but I too have an RO machine. Even with less than 600 taps it is a life saver. Your pics and descriptions make the whole process more easy to understand and we will look forward to more post in the future. Keep the Aunt Jemima on the store shelf and the real maple syrup on the pancakes. A shot of hot maple syrup chased with a cold "boiling soda" (beer) is a taste that everyone should experience too.

Russ

Sugarmaker
05-29-2006, 03:27 PM
Hangin-,
Looked at all the pictures and very good explanation to go with them! You have a lot of maple knowledge. Very nice tubing system and sugarcamp pictures.
Thanks,
Chris

HanginAround
05-29-2006, 03:57 PM
Russ, never thought of chasing hot syrup, must try it. Never thinking of beer in the woods I guess.

Thanks guys for reading and the comments, I had a lot of fun doing it, always great fun to talk maple with people that never heard anything about it.

Banjo
05-29-2006, 05:30 PM
Well it was **WELL** worth waiting while all the pics downloaded on dial-up to read your info. Entertaining and informative.

thanks, Andrew

ennismaple
05-30-2006, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the post! I'm always interested in seeing other people's operations.

HanginAround
06-04-2006, 07:28 AM
Thanks for reading and for the feedback!