PDA

View Full Version : Giles Bernard Releaser Leak

nymapleguy607
03-06-2013, 06:03 PM
Hey Guys,

I've got a problem with my Bernard single releaser, when its pulling vacuum on the lines you can feel air being pulled through the top hole on the trip arm. Does anyone know if that is normal? I checked the o-rings and seals in the actuator the internal ones look good, one the side that the shaft goes through there looks to be a seal, there is some slop there should there be an o-ring to seal against that shaft? Right now I'm losing about 3" of vacuum so I would like to get it fixed if i can. Thanks

Sunday Rock Maple
03-06-2013, 07:33 PM
Tried lubing it?

nymapleguy607
03-07-2013, 06:06 AM
Yeah I took it apart yesterday and cleaned and lubed it but it still leaks. There is a metal collar that the actuating rod goes through, I think this is where the leak is. There is some wiggle in the shaft so I'm thinking pulling the shaft out and seeing if there is an o-ring in there thats become torn and replace it. Has anyone had to replace this before?

mapleack
03-07-2013, 07:27 AM
The float rod should have an oring around it, on the outside of the releaser lid that it seals against when the float is down in the non dump posistion. [ATTACH=CONFIG]7255 Are you talking about the area I circled or to the left in the polycarb arm?

nymapleguy607
03-07-2013, 08:01 AM
No this is in the actuating cylinder itself.