PDA

View Full Version : bulk tank agitator?

bowtie
03-06-2013, 01:36 PM
i have a question about the agigtator/paddle that came with bulk tank i just bought, my friend who is in the ag business says i should be able to sell it for a couple hundred bucks? i have no idea if this is correct or if there is even a market for it ? i am sure if i post it long enough somebody will want it but what is it worth? it came with ice bank 400 bulk tank i just bought? the tank has a small tear in the outer shell but that does not matter to me but it was in working condition until last week when the previous owner purchased a bigger one, will or can it be used for it's original use once it has been dissconnected? not that i would just curious.

Thompson's Tree Farm
03-07-2013, 04:56 AM
Ice bank tanks can no longer be used. Existing ones that have been in continuous use are grandfathered in but can not be moved to a new set up. If some one needs your particular agitator, it is worth a couple hundred. Problem is finding someone who needs that particular one. Let local milk inspectors know you have bulk tank parts.

maple2
03-07-2013, 06:39 AM
we have several dairy tanks. the moters are an easy sell at $3-4 hundred. never had luck selling the paddles. leave the spray ball on. you can hook a hose to it to rinse the tank

tstew
03-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Just a thought on what I did with mine if it is the right gear reduction motor they make a great cream machine and you can cut the paddles with a plasma cutter and they make the paddles for the cream machine.